Large chalet for sale near Crans-Montana Valais Switzerland
10 minutes from the center of the Crans-Montana resort, enter and let yourself be charmed by this splendid chalet!
In the heart of the village of Icogne, this former barn-stable, built in the 18th century, was part of the characteristic outbuildings of other houses, like the outside toilets or the accard (attic for store certain foods such as wheat, dried fruit and meat).
This chalet underwent a complete renovation in 2005 and thus changed primary function to become a residential chalet with 170 m2 of living space distributed in 6 1⁄2 rooms.
Beautiful combination of its exposed beams in old wood, stone and its modern and cozy interior design. A warm atmosphere to enter as soon as you walk through the front door! The light is fantastic from the open living room and ground floor to the attic. The cozy atmosphere around the large fireplace invites guests to wonderful evenings. Sharing or relaxing facing the unparalleled panorama of the Rhône Valley and the neighbouring mountains (facing south).
Taste and refinement perfectly describe this property which will appeal to lovers of charming properties. Attention, guaranteed love!
• 1 living room (cast iron stove and olive stones)
• 1 master bedroom (double bed in old wood, wall cabinets)
• 1 bedroom (canopied bed, wall cupboards)
• 1 shower room
• 1 games / guest room
• 1 technical / laundry room
• 1 cellar
• Large semi-covered terrace (jacuzzi outlet, water pipes)
• Living room: kitchen, dining room and living room (access to the terrace)
• 2 bedrooms with fitted wardrobes
• 1 bathroom with a bath tub
• 1 large mezzanine (bedroom, guest room, games room, reading room, …)
• Large terrace
General transformation made early in 2005
• Wooden windows, double glazing
• Old wood and larch facades
• Old-fashioned exterior plaster
• Interior walls in lime plaster
• Creation of the games room on the lower ground floor in 2017
• Creation of the lower ground floor terrace in 2017
• Insulation of the lower ground floor bedroom
• Doors, stairs, kitchen furniture, beds and wardrobes are made to measure in old wood
• Stone or larch floors
Icogne is a municipality in the canton of Valais, in the extreme southwest of Switzerland. It is part of the district of Sierre, bordering with the canton of Bern. This territory consists mainly of mountains, forests, agricultural areas and areas to be built.
• Area: 2481 hectares
• Lowest altitude: 553 meters • Highest altitude: 2953 meters
• Population: 592 inhabitants (31.12.2019)
• Transports: A9 motorway 15-20 minutes away (exit Sion)
• Public transport (bus) to Sion and Sierre Shops
• Bistro in Icogne
• Pharmacy, bakery, post office, bank, grocery store, doctor, gas station in Lens (3 min). • Supermarket project in Lens
Sporting and cultural activities: • Tennis, badmington, ski-club, fishing, seniors gym • Numerous hiking trails • Icogne Jazz festival